- axle bearings made out stamped sheet metal
- extra mounted springs and wheel bearing
- extra mounted brake-switch
- fine engravings
- NEM-standard short-coupling
- true-to-original replica of the car bottom
- wheelsets with inside contours
Of the six-axle flat cars with low sides acquired from 1952 by the DR, the DB took over 1,044 units and described them as Samm 451. The cars were a speciality of the Eastern European railways; such types of car construction had not previously been available in the West. The cars, originally intended for the transport of super heavy tracked vehicles during troop transports, were mainly used at the end of their life cycle as construction freight cars for transporting rubble, gravel or excavated earth.