After 1945, the Rr were distributed over several European countries. The DB counted around 800 cars in 1952. The most visually conspicuous change was the use of pressed sheet metal. The replacement of the wooden stakes took place from the beginning of the1950s onwards. However, on many cars the stakes were removed completely. Thus marked as R(o), they were now mainly used for vehicle transport. As with the Gl cars,at the end of the 1950s a decision had to be made as to what should happen to the interchangeable stake cars. It was also decided to dismantle them and rebuild in accordance with UIC directives. Thus from 1959 onwards, new Rlmms 58 were built.