Diesel locomotive 218 217 of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
■ Model in TEE livery with separately applied plug-in parts in delicate design
■ In digital mode with switchable headlights and tail light
■ Driver cab lighting
■ Digitally switchable sound functions
■ Z21 driver's cab available
From 1971 on the Deutsche Bundesbahn put 398 class 218 locomotives into service. The locomotives hauled both passenger trains and goods trains. They are used on most non-electrified lines and reach a top speed of 140 km / h and a power output of 1840 kW. Over the years, Class 218 has been painted in various colours. The first series of the class 218 locos were still delivered in the usual purple-red livery for diesel locomotives. From 1975 onwards, ocean blue/beige became the locomotives' standard colour. As an individual loco, the DB gave the 218 217 a trial paint job with TEE colours, which she kept until 2002.
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Traction tyres - 2
- Coupling - NEM shaft 355 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 192 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units Next18
- Head light - Two direction dependent tail lights and dual headlights.
- Additional light function - yes
- Sound - yes