Diesel locomotive 218 469 belonging to the German Federal Railway.
Mold variant !
• With large fan wheel
• Design in ocean blue/beige livery
• Model with finely-detailed, separately attached plug-in parts
• Switchable tail light with DIP switch
• Driver's cab lighting installed, switchable in digital mode
• Pilots enclosed
• Z21 driver's cab available
From 1971, the German Federal Railway put 398 series locomotives of the class 218 into service, and used them to haul both passenger and freight trains. They achieved a top speed of 140 km/h with a power output of 1,840 kW and were used on most non-electrified routes.
The class 218 has included several colour variations over the years. The first 218s were still delivered in the purple-red colour scheme that was typical for diesel locomotives. From 1975 the locomotives' exteriors were painted in ocean blue/beige.
- Coupling: NEM shaft 355 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius: 192 mm
- Flywheel: yes
- Traction tyres: 2
- Number of driven axles: 4
- Scale: 296
- Epoch: IV
- Railway Company: DB
- Motor: 3 pole motor
- Head light: 3 headlight, dependent on the direction of travel/2 tail lights, dependent on the direction of travel
- LED head light: yes
- Additional light function: yes
- Control: DC Analog
- Interface: Electrical interface for traction units Next18
- Length over buffer: 102 mm