Electric locomotive class 146.2 of the Deutsche Bahn.
• Illuminated train destination display
• Digitally switchable light and sound functions
• Suitable for double-deck coaches: Item no. 862705, 862811, 862812 and 862086
The TRAXX 2 represents a consistent further development of the TRAXX classes. The most obvious difference of these locomotives is the revised locomotive body. The change took place in order to comply with the more stringent safety standards with regard to crash resistance. These engines are easily recognisable due to the folded-down corners on the locomotive body.
The TRAXX 2 has also proven its worth in passenger service: A third series of the class 146, which has been delivered since 2005, also has the modifications introduced on the class 185.2, and is classified as class 146.2. These engines mainly pull double-decker trains.
- Coupling: NEM shaft 355 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius: 192 mm
- Flywheel: yes
- Traction tyres: 2
- Number of driven axles: 4
- Scale: 296
- Epoch: VI
- Railway Company: DB-AG
- Motor: 5-pole motor
- Head light: 3 headlight, dependent on the direction of travel/2 tail lights, dependent on the direction of travel
- LED head light: yes
- Additional light function: yes
- Control: 2L - Digital
- Decoder-Type: MX658N18
- Sound: yes
- Interface: Electrical interface for traction units Next18
- Digital decoder: Next18
- Length over buffer: 118 mm