Electric locomotive Re 460 073 belonging to the Swiss Federal Railways.
• Baptised with the name "Monte Ceneri"
• The model is equipped with the delicate Faiveley-type pantographs
• Metal die-cast chassis
• Closed front apron included
• Prototypical light and sound functions, switchable using on-board decoder
• Driver's cab lighting, can be switched in digital mode
The SBB procured 24 locomotives from this series for the realisation of the "Bahn 2000" concept. A further series totalling 75 locomotives was constructed in order to guarantee the Huckepack-Korridor service set up from 1.1.1994 through Switzerland. These locomotives were later allocated to passenger service during the course of divisionalisation. They remain essential for traction of the highly-frequent Swiss fixed-interval transport today.