The Class 64 – The "Bubikopf" as a Jack-of-all-Trades (almost).
Between 1928 and 1940, many famous locomotive builders in Germany participated in creating the class 64. As part of the standard design program for the German State Railroad Company, the class 64 was also closely related to other locomotive classes, in particular the class 24, which supplied the boiler and the frame for the driving wheels. A total of 520 units were built of this 12.4 meter / 40 foot 8-3/16 inch long standard design passenger tank locomotive with a 2-6-2T wheel arrangement. Due to its lower axle load and maximum speed of 90 km/h / 56 mph, it could be used on almost all routes, and its successful design allowed a broad range of applications. Its home base was passenger train service, but lightweight fast passenger trains and many a freight train were also among its tasks, which it mastered with bravura. World War II and the division of Germany left behind deep traces in the case of the class 64. The German Federal Railroad acquired 278 locomotives; 115 went to the German State Railroad of East Germany and one locomotive remained in Austria.
Like many other classes, the class 64 also acquired a nickname. A modern ladys hairstyle of the time (bobbed hair) was the inspiration for this sturdy, compact locomotive. To what extent this was flattering to the world of women or to the profession of hairstylists is debatable, but to the German Federal Railroad the class 64 was a reliable partner for crews and passengers right up to its retirement in 1974. The museum locomotives that have been preserved enjoy endless popularity.
Fictional version in photo grey paint scheme.
- With mfx+ DCC Sound Decoder w/extensive sound functions.
- It also has a compact design, maintenance-free motor and 3 driven axles.
- Traction tires.
- Prepared for smoke unit 72270.
- A 72270 smoke generator can be installed in the locomotive. The triple LED headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke generator contact will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally.
- Lighting with warm white light-emitting diodes (LED).
- Brake hose dummies and piston rod protection tubes enclosed.
- Length over buffer 14.3 cm
One-time limited series for EUROTRAIN and idee + spiel specialty shops.
Reserve yours now! Supplies very limited.