Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 50 heavy freight locomotive with a type 2´2´T26 tender in a Christmas design. Version with Witte smoke deflectors. Used for heavy freight trains. The locomotive looks as it did in Era IIIb. Road number 50 2412.
- Locomotive body constructed of metal.
- Prototypical rods and valve gear.
- Brakes and rail clearance devices modelled.
- All driving axles powered.
- Warm white LED lighting for headlights.
- Real wooden box.
- "Jingle Bells" melody plays when the packaging is opened.
Model: The locomotive is an extensively reworked model. It has a motor with a bell-shaped armature. All driving axles powered. The wheels and valve gear are dark plated. The model has new drive rods, side rods, and valve gear that are fully functional. The brakes, sand pipes, rail clearance devices, and inductive magnets are modelled. The buffer plates are enlarged. The paint scheme and lettering are prototypical. Length over the buffers approximately 109 mm / 4-5/16".
Packaged in a real wood box. A "Jingle Bells" music box component is built into the packaging. The melody plays when the packaging is opened.