Heavy goods train steam locomotive 44 0104-8 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn. Model with oil firing.
■ Model with old boiler and oil tender
■ Rich detailing on the model with many separately applied plug-in parts
■ Locomotive from the Bw Saalfeld
■ Henning Sound
At the DR, many of the machines that remained in the country after the war were converted to oil-firing. Until they were replaced by modern diesel and electric locomotives, the class 44 locomotives formed the heavy goods train service's backbone. Because of their enormous tractive power, the machines were also called "Jumbo". The last "pachyderms" were decommissioned at the DR in 1986.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 2
- Interior fitting - Driver's cab
- Coupling - NEM shaft 358 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 310 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units Next18