Diesel locomotive class 2048 of the Austrian Federal Railways.
■ ÖBB version with true to original sound functions available for the first time
■ Delicately designed model with many extra applied plug-in parts
■ With switchable shunting light, high beam and individually switchable headlight or tail light in digital mode
The introduction of the new train Austro Takt in June 1991 caused a shortage of diesel locomotives with electric train heating at the ÖBB. The ÖBB, therefore, procured thirty-four DB locomotives class 211 to use then, the locomotives class 2043 and 2143 for passenger train services. The locomotives motorized with a Caterpillar engine hauled goods trains and provided shunting services in Wels, Vienna North, Amstetten and Krems.
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 without close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 2
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX22
- Head light - Two direction dependent tail lights and dual headlights.