Steam locomotive class 56.20-29 (Prussian G 8.2) of the railway company of the German Democratic Republic (Deutsche Reichsbahn).
• Design with EDP number
• Locomotive tender close coupling
The prototype was first delivered in 1919. Its output was 1,023 kW (1,390 HP), and it weighed 120.4 tonnes. Its maximum speed was 65 km/h. A total of 850 locomotives were built. They generally hauled freight trains.
These engines were operated by DRG until the beginning of the 1970s. When the renumbering plan was issued in 1970, they were given EDVA numbers. The locomotives retained their company numbers, to which only the control digit was added.