Heavy goods train steam locomotive class 44 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn with pulverized coal dust firing.
Drive on two axles of the tender and via cardan shaft on all five drive axles of the locomotive.
■ Authentic replica of the coal dust version
■ Metal wheels with delicately designed spokes
■ With set of etched signs included
■ Smoke generator retrofittable
The Deutsche Reichsbahn converted 22 locomotives to coal dust firing (Wendler system) in the 1950s. An additional air tank and air pump on the left running board as well as a tender equipped with a coal dust bunker, were the most noticeable modifications. The locomotives proved particularly useful on the ramps of the Thuringian Forest due to their pinpoint firing. With the introduction of the EDP numbers, the coal dust locomotives were re-designated as class 44.9.
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism at the tender
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Smoke generator Article number (analog) - Seuthe Nr. 10
- Smoke generator Article number (digital) - Seuthe steam unit no. 11
- Number of driven axles - 7
- Smoke generator retrofittable - yes