Electric locomotive class 1016 of the Austrian Federal Railways.
■ The model is equipped with 16 bit sound - for an even better sound quality
■ City Airport Train (CAT) design
■ Hauls besides CAT trains also Eurocity trains and goods trains
■ In digital mode with switchable high beam and individually switchable headlights or tail lights
■ Z21 driver's cab available
The locomotives and coaches for the City Airport Trains shuttling between Wien Mitte and Wien-Schwechat Airport have a unique design. As a result of the introduction of ETCS at the ÖBB, there was a shortage of suitably equipped dual-frequency locomotives. Since the single-system version of the Taurus was sufficient for CAT, class 1116 locomotives were replaced by classes 1016 014 and 036 at the end of 2012.
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX22
- Head light - Two direction dependent tail lights and dual headlights.
- Digital decoder - PluX22
- - MS450P22