Electric locomotive EL 18 2247 of the Norwegian State Railways.
■ Different landscape motifs on both sides
■ With separately applied wipers
■ Fine reproduction of the front handrails
■ In digital mode with switchable high beam and individually switchable headlights or taillight
The design of the Norwegian locomotives EL 18 is based on the design of the BLS 465. They were also bought by the Norwegian State Railways because of the good experiences made in Switzerland. The 22 machines are fitted with additional equipment for operation at arctic temperatures and also have snow blowers.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 without close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Sound - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX22
- Head light - Two direction dependent tail lights and dual headlights.
- Buffer capacitor - yes