Electric locomotive Re 475 425 of the Swiss railway company BLS Cargo.
• For the first time in the new "Alpinist" design
• Use in international freight transport
• Featuring the prototypical high design of the control panel on the driver's cab
• Free-standing handle rails, partly made of metal
• With switchable high beam and individually switchable headlight or tail light and driver's cab lighting in digital mode
In 2019, BLS Cargo decided to increase its previous Vectron fleet of 15 engines to 25 engines. The new locomotives are equipped with the country packages for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Holland, and also Belgium. These locomotives can mainly be distinguished by the new design along their sides. This design is closer to the "The Alpinists" slogan, and depicts mountaineers high up in the impressive Swiss mountains. We have dedicated the selected company number, Re 475 425, to the Re-425 fleet, which was replaced by the new Vectron locomotives and thus went into Swiss retirement.