Electric locomotive class E 94 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn. (DRG from 1937 to 1949).
■ Version in grey livery with white wheel tyres
■ Wheelsets with low wheel flanges
■ Metal handles and handrails
■ With set of etched signs included
The class E 94 was supplied by the Allgemeine Elektrizitäts Gesellschaft (AEG) in Berlin Hennigsdorf to the former Deutsche Reichsbahn for use in front of heavy goods trains at the Brenner Pass. The purchase of the new class E 94 electric locomotives was only made possible by their classification as war-essential capital goods. The DR ordered 285 heavy six-axle locomotives, but only 145 were delivered by the end of the war. The locomotive was authorized to run at a maximum speed of 90 km/h; the hourly output was 3,240 kW, the starting power was 3,900 kW.
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 without close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 6
- Flywheel - yes