Diesel locomotive Y 8296 of the French State Railways.
• Version with "Carmillon" logo
• Model with digital shunting couplers. More play fun guaranteed !
• Long front hood and gear block made of die cast metal, therefore more dead weight and high tractive power
• Prototypical light and sound functions using on-board switchable decoder
• Finely detailed model with many plug-in parts and freestanding handrails
• Unobstructed view through the authentic driver's cab
In July 1977, the Moyse factory delivered the first shunting locomotive Y 8001 (in France named "Locotracteur") which was designed for shunting operations at stations, marshalling yards, construction sites and repair workshops of the SNCF. Since they were stronger and longer than their predecessors, the Y 8000 locomotives were also able to replace locomotives which hauled light freight trains.
The model can only be operated to a limited extent with analogue driving devices.