Steam locomotive class 52 of the Austrian Federal Railways.
Drive on two tender axles and on all five driven locomotive axles via cardan shaft.
* This variant has a "Giesl" ejector but no smoke deflectors
* Delicately designed spoked metal wheels
* Drive and coupling rods made of investment casting metal
■ Z21-Driver's cab available
More than 1.100 class 52 locomotives were produced by the locomotive factory in Vienna-Floridsdorf. After the end of the war, the ÖBB kept 113 machines of this series. To improve the air supply, most of machines were equipped with the upward draft system from the company Giesl. In this case, a reduced chimney cross-section in combination with a multi-jet blowpipe increased the flow rate of the exhaust steam and thus the negative pressure in the smoke box. The negative pressure in turn guarantees more fresh air in the firebox. The result was a saving on coal of eight percent.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 7
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism at the tender
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Smoke generator retrofittable - yes
- Smoke generator Article number (analog) - Seuthe steam unit no. 10
- Smoke generator Article number (digital) - Seuthe steam unit no. 11