Diesel locomotive 218 150 of the German Federal Railway.
• Separately attached plug-in parts, in part using etching technology
• Switchable headlight/tail light with DIP switch
• Model features prototypical low wheel flanges
• Wheelsets available with 1.2 mm high wheel flanges as spare parts (item no. 145433, 145435)
• Z21 driver's cab available
From 1971, the German Federal Railway put 398 class 218 series locomotives into service, using them both as passenger trains and as goods trains. They achieved a top speed of 140 km/h with a power output of 1,840 kW and were used on most non-electrified routes.
The class 218 saw several colour variations over the years. The first 218s were still delivered in the purple red colour scheme that was typical for diesel locomotives. From 1975, the locomotives' exteriors were painted in ocean blue/beige.
- Coupling: NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius: 358 mm
- Flywheel: yes
- Number of driven axles: 4
- Number of axles with traction tyres: 1
- Scale: 294
- Epoch: IV
- Article number: 7300010
- Railway Company: DB
- Head light: 3 headlight, dependent on the direction of travel/2 tail lights, dependent on the direction of travel
- LED head light: yes
- Additional light function: yes
- Control: DC Analog
- Interface: Electrical interface for traction units PluX22
- Length over buffer: 189 mm