Electric locomotive 1116 181 belonging to the Austrian Federal Railways.
■ Cityjet design
■ Contemporary operating condition with black roof hood
■ Switchable high beam and individually switchable headlight or tail light in digital mode
■ Licensed ÖBB model
■ Z21 driver’s cab available
In 2019, the ÖBB initiated an upgrade programme for the renewal of double-decker trains (DOSTO). In this way, approx. 100 coaches are to be optimised to the modern Cityjet standard by 2023. The modernisation comprises amongst other things on-board WLAN, reupholstered seats, multi-purpose areas in each intermediate coach with more space for bicycles, prams and baggage as well as newly-designated quiet zones.
In May 2022, halfway through the running DOSTO upgrade programme, the electric locomotive 1116 181 was painted in the Cityjet-design. In this way, the ÖBB is sending an important signal advertising their attractive public transport offers, in particular for local commuter transport in Lower Austria.
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX22
- Head light - 3 headlight, dependent on the direction of travel/2 tail lights, dependent on the direction of travel