Electric locomotive E 52 03 of the German Federal Railway.
• Epoch III model in bottle green livery
• Delicately designed model with many extra applied plug-in parts
• Reproduction of the lubrication pump drive
• Prototypical drive concept
• Functional replica of the jackshaft
• Finest metal spoked wheels
• Braking shoes follow the wheel arches exactly
• Snap-in ladders that can be adjusted to any required length. They ensure safe operation on many different model railway layouts and radii
• Individually switchable headlights or tail lights and driver´s cab lighting in digital mode
The DRG procured a heavy electric locomotive to haul long passenger trains on the electrified Bavarian main lines. It chose a 2'BB2' locomotive from numerous designs to get the same motors as the also planned class E 91 goods locomotive. With the new design, the DRG abandoned the previous construction of the electric locomotives with a large, slowly running motor and decided to use four smaller output motors. Each group had two motors. A layshaft driven jackshaft via inclined connecting rods was coupled to two driven axles by coupling rods. The locomotive with a weight of 140 t was one of Germany's heaviest electric locomotives ever built. It had a power output of 2,200 kW and a top speed of 90 km/h.
The manufacturers delivered the locomotives in 1924 /1925 to the DRG's Bavarian Group Administration, which served them as class EP 5 with the numbers 21 501-535. In 1927 they were given the designation E 52 01-35. The 29 locomotives that remained with the Deutsche Bundesbahn after World War II were designated class 152 from 1968. In February 1973, the DB scrapped the last locomotive of this class: the 152 014.
- Coupling: NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius: 358 mm
- Flywheel: yes
- Number of driven axles: 4
- Number of axles with traction tyres: 2
- Scale: 294
- Epoch: III
- Article number: 78063
- Railway Company: DB
- Head light: Direction dependent triple headlights. One red tail light.
- LED head light: yes
- Additional light function: yes
- Interior lighting: Yes, LED, Digital switchable, Driver's cab lighting
- Control: AC
- Interface: Electrical interface for traction units PluX22
- Digital decoder: PluX22
- Decoder-Type: MX645P22
- Sound: yes
- Buffer capacitor: yes
- Length over buffer: 198 mm