Diesel multiple unit "Northlander" of the Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC).
* Rich detailing on the model in scale 1:87
* Current conducting couplers mounted on the entire train
* Current draw always in the front part of the unit with the direction of travel
The eye-catching blue yellow train, which initially was used as a Swiss-Dutch type RAm / DE IV multiple unit in the TEE traffic, became a Canadian in 1977. In Canada the train ran on the lines between Toronto and Timmins in the province of Ontario. But the extreme cold particularly affected the diesel engines of the power cars. Therefore, after only two years, the motorized cars were replaced by locomotives of the type FP-7Am.
It is thanks to the Swiss and Dutch TEE fans that two control cab coaches and three intermediate cars of the "Northlanders" escaped scrapping and now are back in Europe again. Currently the cars are in the Netherlands and are waiting for their restoration.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Interior lighting Article number - 40420
- Interior fitting - Model with interior furnishing
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 419 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units according to NEM 652 standards with plug-in fixture