Diesel multiple unit 628 601 of the Deutsche Bahn AG.
■ Extra mounted windscreen wipers
■ Precise replicas of the wagon corridors
■ Special design of the subfloors
■ With switchable headlight or tail light, interior lighting, driver’s cab lighting and train destination lighting in digital mode
As a further development of the class 628.2, a total of 304 class 628.4/928.4 diesel multiple units were put into operation in Germany from 1992 to 1995. Essential modifications compared to the previous models are the wider doors at the close coupler ends. Not to lose any interior space, the two-part vehicle bodies were extended by half a metre each while the bogie spacing remained the same. As a result, they became 46.4 m long. The vehicles' additional weight required an increase in power for the motor: 485 kW instead of 410 kW are now necessary. The locomotives are used in most regions of Germany.
- Interior fitting - Model with interior furnishing
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 2
- Flywheel - yes
- Head light - Direction dependent triple front headlights and dual rear headlights.
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX22
- Interior lighting - Yes