Diesel locomotive 218 433 of the Deutsche Bahn.
FIRST TIME with 16-BIT SOUND for a perfect sound experience
■ Updated operating condition with new LED lighting: Tail light at the outer headlight positions
■ Universal diesel locomotive for passenger and goods traffic
■ Extra-applied plug-in parts partially designed with etching technology
■ With switchable high beam as well as individually switchable headlight or tail light in digital mode
■ Z21 driver's cab available
From 1971 on, the Deutsche Bundesbahn put 398 class 218 locomotives into operation and used them to haul passenger and goods trains. They are now used on most non-electrified lines and reach a top speed of 140 km/h. They have a power output of 1,840 kW. Currently, some of the locomotives are still in operation in Ulm, Kempten and Mühldorf am Inn.
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 3
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX22
- Head light - Two direction dependent tail lights and dual headlights.
- Digital decoder - PluX22
- - MS450P22