Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 078 (former Prussian class T18) steam tank locomotive. Version with three boiler domes (D-D-S), and a rectangular sand dome. Riveted water tanks, cab roof with a rectangular top part, triple headlights with DB Reflex glass lamps. Road number 078 256-5. Based in Aalen. The locomotive looks as it did around 1969.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 3 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive is constructed mostly of metal. A 72270 smoke generator can be installed in the locomotive. The triple headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke generator contact will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. Dual red marker lights can be controlled separately in digital operation. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. The locomotive has numerous separately applied grab irons and piping. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Protective piston rod sleeves and brake hoses are included. Length over the buffers approximately 17 cm / 6-11/16".
- Completely new tooling.
- Especially intricate metal construction.
- Many separately applied details.
- Cab lighting can also be controlled digitally.
- Marker lights can be controlled separately in digital operation.
- A 72270 smoke generator can be installed.
- Digital decoder and a variety of operation and sound functions included.
Passenger cars to go with this locomotive can be found in the Trix H0 assortment under item numbers 23120, 23160, and 23170. This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 39785.
- Era IV
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Dual red marker lights
- Triple headlights in the front, off with the locomotive moving in reverse
- Metal locomotive frame and boiler
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.