Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 38.10-40 steam locomotive with a tender. Former Prussian P8. Version with two boiler domes, small Wagner smoke deflectors, and a box-style tender. Road number 38 2919. The locomotive looks as it did around 1949/50.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 3 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and tender are constructed mostly of metal. Dual headlights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The smoke unit contact will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The 72270 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive. The flickering of the fire can be controlled digitally. In addition, the cab lighting can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Protective piston rod sleeves, brake hoses, and prototype couplers are included. Length over the buffers approximately 21.3 cm / 8-3/8".
- New tooling.
- Cab lighting can be controlled.
- Flickering of the fire can be controlled.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 39380.
- Era III
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Dual headlights front and rear with light changeover in one direction of travel
- Metal locomotive frame and boiler
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.