Friday, February 24, 2023
2023 Toyfair New Items Highlights NEWSLETTER #2 - Roco, Fleischmann, Brawa, ESU & Piko
As promised, here is Part II of our annual review of the new releases announced at the 2023 Germany Toyfair. To read Part One covering Marklin, Trix, and LGB please click here. Remember many items will sell out at the factory before their expected delivery dates so pre-ordering is important to reserve your model and pay the lowest price possible!
2023 is BRAWA’s 75th Anniversary! To celebrate they are offering several special editions. In H0, for example, BRAWA brings the new tooling form of the BR 01, a very beefy steam locomotive, which is faithfully equipped with the so-called high-performance boiler type I which is finely detailed.
- Brawa is releasing the Era 3 Version in DC 70060; 70062 DCC w/Sound and 70063 for Marklin AC Digital w/Sound.
- The Era 4 versions are in DC 70064; 70066 DCC w/Sound and 70067 for Marklin AC Digital w/Sound.
- Finally, the Era 6 Museum versions in DC 70068; 70070 DCC w/Sound and 70071 for Marklin AC Digital w/Sound.
- As a special highlight, there are New DB Express Train Coaches "Group 53 & 61" coming in many variants to make up a proper train consist for the new DB 01 Steam Locomotives above. The variants are so extensive we will only list the range starting with 58036 through to 58105 and from 58114 through to 58155. Now you can re-create the complete trains as they originally ran.
- There are also numerous innovations in the freight wagons – including the form-new 2-axle tank cars Z[P] in exchange design. Again, so many different variants that we will only list the ranges starting with 50026 through 50035; 50046 through 50055 and 50846 through 50862. There are also the ever popular “Weathered Editions” 50035 through 50045.
- Another new tooling release is the low-loader wagons Stm309. You can find these under 50799 through to 50802.
- In 2023, around 60 exclusive special models and sets with advertising prints, e.g. from the automotive or Nostalgic sectors, will also be available in specialist retailers. For the 75th anniversary of the company, there is a freight car G10 of the DB in H0 with a historic BRAWA motif stock # 50891and as an Easter promotion the covered freight car G10 "Bahlsen" of the DB stock # 49099 will already be available at Easter.
- Many customers seem to miss out on ordering the Rheingold Coach Sets and end up scouring the internet trying to find previous special edition sets. Brawa decided to offer the DRG Versions in a 5-Piece set along with 2 additional coaches to make up a 7-Piece Train Set. These are definitely the nicest and most precise Rheingold coaches ever offered. The DC versions are found under stock # 46463;46464;46465. The DCC sound version is offered under 46466 and the DCC extension coaches are 46467 and 46468. For Marklin fans, the AC Digital Sound versions are 46469 and the extension coaches are 46470 and 46471. This is your chance to pre-order these fantastic sets one more time at a great pre-order price.
- Another locomotive that is often sought after but sells out far to soon as the Orient Express Electric Locomotive. It is offered in DC under stock # 70084; DCC w/Sound 70086 and for Marklin AC Digital w/Sound stock # 70087.
In gauge N, for example, BRAWA brings the DB Ellok BR 144 with a multitude of beautiful details. In the sound version, all lighting functions including engine room lighting can be digitally controlled and the original sound convinces with excellent sound quality thanks to noise-free 16-bit technology. The initial announcements from 2018 are finally going to be available late 2nd Qtr. 2023. A 5 Year wait, they better be astounding! This years version announcement are stock # 63114 and 63115, also available late 2nd Qtr. 2023. In addition, BRAWA also offers numerous new passenger cars, covered freight cars, tank cars and heavy trucks.
Our 2023 Pre-order program will come to an end February 28th so place your orders now to avoid disappointment. As with other factories, production runs get smaller every year it seems and therefore things do sell out much faster.
Roco once again came out with an amazing new item program despite the on-going world shortages in various electronic components, 361 new items! We will highlight only the Brand-New Tooling items along with a few very popular variation highlights to shorten this presentation.
- Complete brand-new tooling comes in the form of the DB cl 38 Steam locomotive including a new Dynamic Smoke system in the digital versions. The DB versions can be found under stock # 71379; DCC w/Sound stock # 71380 and for Marklin AC Digital, stock # 79380. The DR versions can be found under stock # 71381; DCC w/Sound stock # 71382 and for Marklin AC Digital, stock # 79382.
- Complete brand-new tooling comes in the form of the DB cl 288 Diesel locomotive. These powerful diesels will include dual motors; dual speakers and decoders and operational fans only for the digital versions. The DB versions can be found under stock # 70115; DCC w/Sound stock # 70116 and for Marklin AC Digital, stock # 78116.
- CSD will get the new T466.2 Diesel Locomotive. They can be found under stock # 7300003; DCC w/Sound stock # 7310003 and for Marklin AC Digital, stock # 7320003.
- SBB fans will get the short version of the Re 4/4 and they can be found under stock # 7500002; DCC w/Sound stock # 7510002 and for Marklin AC Digital, stock # 7520002.
- OBB 310.20 Express Steam Locomotive in a stunning Era 2 Blue Livery. This has been so popular that the DCC version sold out in a couple weeks and a 2nd production run had to be planned due to demand. The OBB Era 2 version can be found under stock # 70330; DCC w/Sound stock # 70331 and for Marklin AC Digital, stock # 78331.
- The OBB 77.28 Era 4 Tank Locomotive is shown in a bright green livery. The OBB version can be found under stock # 70083; DCC w/Sound stock # 70084 and for Marklin AC Digital, stock # 78084.
- The CSD 354.1 Era 3 Tank Locomotive is shown in a black livery. The CSD version can be found under stock # 70079; and a DCC w/Sound stock # 70080. Sorry, no Marklin version will be made.
- Finally, Roco will be offering a special Analog Christmas Starter Set featuring a locomotive and cars from the former Fleischmann Magic Train program in 1:45 scale. You can pre-order these in time for Christmas under stock # 5100003.
- Oh, and lest we forget, this marks the 100 Year Anniversary of the OBB. The main event celebration will take place in October, but a birthday highlight has already been presented: On Tuesday, January 17, 2023, the ÖBB presented a Railjet to the public in Vienna, which shows the future in terms of technology and design, and which will be on the road in Austria and neighboring countries in the anniversary year. Roco of course made the infamous Railjet Model for their fans. The OBB version can be found under stock # 5500002; DCC w/Sound stock # 5510002 and for Marklin AC Digital, stock # 5520002.
Our 2023 Pre-order program will come to an end February 28th so place your orders now to avoid disappointment.
Fleischmann celebrates their 55th Year Anniversary from where they first introduced their N Scale program to the market. To celebrate they are offering 2 new complete tooling’s.
- DRG Cl 01 Steam Locomotive with Wagner smoke deflectors; Stock # 714503 and the DCC w/Sound version under stock # 714573. They are also making a special 4-piece DRG Coach Set to be pulled by this new 01. Stock # 6260006
- DB Cl 01 Steam Locomotive with Witte smoke deflectors; Stock # 714505 and the DCC w/Sound version under stock # 714575. They are also making a special 4-piece Coach Set to be pulled by this new 01. Stock # 6260004
- DB V100 Era 4 Diesel Locomotive - Stock # 721210 and the DCC w/Sound version under stock # 721280.
- SETG V100 Era 6 Diesel Locomotive - Stock # 721213 and the DCC w/Sound version under stock # 721283.
Now, though not new tooling, the Cl 86 Steam Locomotive has finally been updated to receive the plux nem 18 interface and sound decoder. Here are the 3 versions to start with;
- DB Cl 86 Steam Locomotive; Stock # 708604 and the DCC w/Sound version under stock # 708674.
- DR Cl 86 Steam Locomotive; Stock # 708704 and the DCC w/Sound version under stock # 708774.
- OBB Cl 86 Steam Locomotive; Stock # 708705 and the DCC w/Sound version under stock # 708775.
Of course, there still another 144 items on the site from locomotives, passenger coaches and freight cars to add to your pre-orders. Remember, our 2023 Pre-order program will come to an end February 28th .
As always, Piko announced a startling 584 new items, of which 443 are HO; 59 are N; 47 are G and 33 in TT scale. Far to many to discuss other than there is something there for everyone.
A new tooling model is the infamous NOHAV STRABAG Sante Fe Era V Diesel Locomotive. This model can be found under Stock # 37450 and the DCC w/Sound version under stock # 37451.
Piko N Scale
As always Piko has a wide selction of new items for N scale modellers with many new variants and liveries of exisiting models. See the full line up here. There are also a number of highlights with all-new tooling for 2023.
- Piko has announced all new tooling for the BR185 Electric Locomotive. It is available in DB red under 40580 and 40581 with DCC/Sound. 40582 and 40583(DCC/Sound) are the Swiss BR482 version in SBB Cargo livery.
- Also in new tooling is the 65-Ton Diesel ACL 70 Locomotive used by the USA during WWII. It is available in US Army Tranportation Corps 40802/40803 (DCC/Sound) as well as NS Livery 40800/40801 (DCC/Sound) as well as a plain version under 40804/40805(DCC/Sound)
ESU has long been known for its incredible range of locomotive and accessory decoders. In recent years, they too branched off into producing locomotives in a limited scale as well as freight and passenger coaches. ESU was one of the first to offer dynamic smoke in their locomotive diesels and steam but this year they have gone a step further. Their new BR 78 Steam Locomotive will also have cylinder smoke AND digital uncoupling. Usually something like this was only available in the larger scales of O and 1 or G Gauge, but now in HO, that’s incredible. Well done, ESU! So, the first steam locomotives will be the 78 versions and with versions, you have the choice of one stock #. Why? Because ESU builds in all the choices into one locomotive from DC analog to AC analog to DCC w/Sound to Marklin AC Digital w/Sound. So smart and economical.
- Complete New tooling is offered in the KPEV 8404 Era 1 Steam Locomotive. Of course, all metal with an elaborate amount of functions including dynamic smoke with cylinder smoke and digital uncoupling. For DCC w/sound and/or AC Marklin digital w/Sound its stock # 31182.
- Complete New tooling is offered in the DRG BR 78 Era 2 Steam Locomotive. Of course, all metal with an elaborate amount of functions including dynamic smoke with cylinder smoke and digital uncoupling. For DCC w/sound and/or AC Marklin digital w/Sound its stock # 31183.
- Complete New tooling is offered in the DB BR 78 Era 3 Steam Locomotive. Of course, all metal with an elaborate amount of functions including dynamic smoke with cylinder smoke and digital uncoupling. For DCC w/sound and/or AC Marklin digital w/Sound its stock # 31180.
- Complete New tooling is offered in the DB BR 078 Era 4 Steam Locomotive. Of course, all metal with an elaborate amount of functions including dynamic smoke with cylinder smoke and digital uncoupling. For DCC w/sound and/or AC Marklin digital w/Sound its stock # 31181.
There are also a number of the KG275 small diesel locomotives that are perfect industrial switchers for any layout - all with the usual ESU bells and whistles (literally!). The BR 78 is definitely the key feature though and will presumably be available in the early spring, so do place your order now.
This concludes our second edition of this newsletter. We do hope these are of benefit in that they may bring to mind items that may have been missed while reviewing the hundreds and hundreds of new item announcements. It can be overwhelming. Just a reminder that all pre-order programs end February 28th and we will go back to regular pricing thereafter. As always, THANK YOU for your continued support and loyalty to EURO RAIL HOBBIES.
For Marklin Trix and LGB new items, as a special Thank You for placing your pre-orders with us, we will be offering additional bonus discounts depending on the value of the order. Some restrictions will apply.
View New Items in our catalog pages: Marklin 2023 New Items TRIX 2023 New Items LGB 2023 New Items
- Orders cannot be combined with regular non-2023 New Items
- Order Deadline is February 28th, 2023
- Orders for Marklin/Trix 2023 New items can be combined.
- Orders for LGB are separate.
- Discount levels will applied to CDN Orders >$1,500.00 > $2,500.00 and > $4,000.00 Canadian.
- Discount levels will be applied to USD Orders >$1,150.00 > $1,900.00 and > $3,100.00 US dollars.
- Note: Club Models will not apply.
- Discounts will be manually applied to your orders, once orders are submitted.