Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class Kittel CidT 8 steam-powered rail car.
Model: This is the class Kittel CidT 8 steam-powered rail car in a crimson paint scheme. This is completely new tooling and is finely detailed. The frame is constructed of metal. The valve gear and the cab equipment are modelled. The powered rail car has many separately applied parts. The powered rail car has larger buffer plates. The rear of the car has a Z Gauge system coupler. The buffer beam is prototypically modelled on the front of the car. The car has dual headlights with warm white LEDs that change over with the direction of travel. This unit has a new, powerful motor. Both axles are powered. The wheels are black nickel-plated. Length over the buffers approximately 51 mm / 2".
- Completely new tooling.
- The model's frame is constructed of metal.
- Valve gear modelled.
- The newest generation of a powerful motor.
- Warm white LEDs for the headlights.
- Rear of the model includes Z Gauge system coupler.
- Buffer beam modelled correctly on the front.
- Many separately applied parts.
The Kittel - A Durable Steam-Powered Rail Car. As early as the end of the 19th century, procurement was begun of a first series of seven steam-powered rail cars that were chiefly run on branch lines in the southwest part of Germany. Eugen Kittel, chief mechanical engineer for the Royal Wurttemberg State Railways (K.W.St.E.) designed a more efficient boiler, which led in 1905 to the order for another 10 steam powered rail cars in Wurttemberg. The first series was rebuilt accordingly. At the time of the German State Railroad, the remaining steam-powered rail cars were designated under the road numbers 9 Stuttgart to 14 Stuttgart. Another series of steam-powered rail cars under the class 121a was delivered in 1914/15 for the Grand Ducal Baden State Railways, and they were later designated on the DRG under the road numbers CidT 1 to 8. Two steam-powered rail cars from this Baden series were acquired by the German Federal Railroad after 1945, and they were painted in the crimson color scheme customary for powered rail cars. In 1951 and 1953, these two steam-powered rail cars from the provincial railroad period were retired from service on the German Federal Railroad.