Marklin HO Scale AC Train Sets

Advanced Search Options:
NEW ARRIVAL IN OUR STORE
2016 Summer New Item
MARKLIN 26194
DRG Train Set with a Class ET 194 Freight Powered Rail Car (MHI 2/2016 Exclusiv Item) MFX w/Sound
our price
$299.96 USD
MSRP $349.99 USD
in stock
add to cart

Prototype: German State Railroad (DRG) class ET 194 (former LAG 895) electric powered rail car. "Bottle Green" basic paint scheme. Road number ET 194 11. A pot container car with twelve pot containers and a brakeman's cab painted and lettered for the firm Kali-Chemie / Potash Chemical AG Berlin, used on the German State Railroad. A type Ghs Oppeln boxcar, welded design without a hand brake or a brakeman's cab.

Model: The ET 194 has an mfx digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion. Two axles powered. Traction tires. The dual headlights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The cab lighting can be turned on/off in digital operation. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. The pot container car has finely detailed cross bracing and is loaded with acid containers. The Oppeln boxcar comes without a brakeman's cab or a hand brake. Total length over the buffers approximately 31 cm / 12-1/4".

This item is being produced as a one-time series

Highlights

  • First time an mfx digital decoder is included.
  • First time sound functions are included.
  • First time LED lighting is included.
  • First time cab lighting is included.

Train Set with an ET 194 Powered Freight Rail Car In 1930 the Lokalbahn Aktien-Gesellschaft (LAG) Munchen / Munich Local Railroad, Inc. (LAG) treated itself to a small powered freight rail car for the freight service on its 5.206 km / 3.254 mile long electrified line (550 volts DC) Turkheim – Bad Worishofen. This LAG 895 was built by MAN/SSW from an old baggage car whereby the two wheel sets were each driven by a self-cooled DC series motor. There was a large baggage area between the two engineer's cabs, and it was accessible from both sides by a sliding door. Starting resistors and the compressed air equipment were installed in two boxes in the load area. The route Turkheim – Bad Worishofen was opened on August 15, 1896 by the privately owned Localbahn Actiengesellschaft Worishofen / Worishofen Local Railroad Company and was among the first electrified railroads in Germany. The famous priest and hydro therapist Sebastian Kneipp initiated and promoted the railroad. He was hoping for a boom for this health resort by connecting Worishofen to the large, wide world of railroading. The Worishofen Local Railroad Company was dissolved as early as 1905 and the railroad came under the wings of the Munich Local Railroad, Inc. (LAG). The financially crippled LAG was nationalized on August 1, 1938 and the Bad Worishofen route with its motive power and rolling stock thereby became part of the German State Railroad (DRG). With the outbreak of World War II, electric operations on this route had to be halted on September 12, 1939 due to the neighboring airport. The former LAG 895 (starting in 1940/41: ET 194 11) thereby lost its reason for existence and was put in storage. In 1943, it went to the former LAG route Bad Aibling – Feilnbach. It remained there but also in storage, and was finally scrapped in 1947. Naturally, LAG 895 also served as a powered rail car to pull other cars, and thus the acid container car for the firm Kali-Chemie AG Berlin and a type "Ghs Oppeln" boxcar form an absolutely prototypical consist. The pot container cars for the transport of (dangerous) chemicals were as a rule equipped with twelve earthenware pot containers, each good for 1,000 liters / 264.17 gallons, which soon gave them the nickname "Twelve Apostles Cars". The freight car type "Oppeln" owed its existence to the DRG's call for higher speeds in less-than-carload-lot service. The long wheelbase of 6,000 mm / 19 feet 8-1/4 inches allowed a reliable maximum speed of 90 km/h / 56 mph for the "Oppeln". The newly applied welding technology with its associated savings in weight led to an increase in the load weight. Twenty eight thousand of this freight car type were built by 1943. A notable characteristic of the type was the high quality truss rod frame necessary due to the long wheelbase.

 Control UnitMobile StationMobile Station 2Central Station
Headlight(s)
*
*
*
*
Engineer’s cab lighting
*
*
*
*
Electric locomotive op. sounds
*
*
*
*
Locomotive whistle
*
*
*
*
Direct control
*
*
*
*
Sound of squealing brakes off  
*
*
*
Doors Closing  
*
*
*
Locomotive whistle  
*
*
*
Doors Closing  
*
*
*
Compressor    
*
*
Letting off Air    
*
*
Bell    
*
*
Sanding    
*
*
Operating Sounds 1    
*
*
Operating Sounds 2    
*
*
Rail Joints    
*
*

We fully test & inspect every locomotive before it ships to you.
release
2016 Summer New Item
scale
HO
era
Era II (1925-1945)
Nationality
Germany
Railway
DRG (Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (1920-1949))
Availability
4. Q 2016
our product code
26194
UPC/EAN
4001883261942
Similar products
our price
$459.96 USD
MSRP $479.00 USD
Temporarily out of stock
(Available to order)