Prototype: German Railroad, Inc. (DB AG) class 406 InterCityExpress (ICE 3). Multiple system version for cross-border service.1 type 406.0 end car, 1st class. 1 type 406.3 dining car. 1 type 406.8 intermediate car, 2nd class. 1 type 406.5 end car, 2nd class.
Model: The train is a 4-part unit. The intermediate car serving as a dining car has a new generation motor (motor with a bell-shaped armature). The air conditioning housings on the roof are modelled. Warm white and red LEDs are used for the headlights and marker lights that change over with the direction of travel. The two end cars and the 2nd class intermediate car have lighting with maintenance-free warm white LEDs. The train has new current-conducting couplings and car diaphragms for a prototypical close coupled train. The minimum radius for operation is 195 mm / 7-11/16". Train length 465 mm / 18-5/16".
- Motor with a bell-shaped armature.
- Air conditioning housings modelled on the roof.
- New close couplings and car diaphragms.
The 87716 and 87715 add-on sets can be added to 88715 for a prototypical 8-part train consist.
- Märklin exclusive special model - produced in a one-time series.
- Metal locomotive frame.
- Triple headlights and two red marker lights that change over with the direction of travel.
- Built-in interior lighting.
- Era 6
Note: This being the last one will only be sold as a complete set with the 87715 and 87716 extension sets.