Prototype: Twenty-four (24) German Federal Railroad (DB) type Erz IIId four-axle hopper cars from the OOtz 41 design. Version with a high upper hopper, two unloading hatches per side, and end brakeman''''s platforms. Used to transport iron ore. Standard design welded pressed sheet metal trucks, with girders welded in place as reinforcement. The cars look as they did at the beginning of the Sixties.
Model: The hopper cars have detailed construction with different car numbers. All of the cars have brakeman''''s platforms and a set wheel at the end. The hopper cars have load inserts and are loaded with real scale-sized iron ore. All of the cars are individually packaged in the display packaging. Length over the buffers per car 11.5 cm / 4-1/2". DC wheelset per car E700580.
- Prototypical tooling changes for the version with a high upper hopper as the type Erz IIId hopper car from the OOtz 41 design.
- Loaded with real iron ore.
- Many different car numbers.
- Ideal for unit trains.
- Cars can be sold individually from the display.
The class 44 Öl heavy steam freight locomotives to go with these cars can be found under item numbers 39880 and 39882 in the Märklin H0 assortment.
A type Erz IIId hopper car set with twelve (12) more car numbers can be found in the Trix H0 assortment under item number 24129 along with information about the required AC wheelsets.
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.
- Era 3