Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 18.1 express steam locomotive. Former Württemberg class C. Road number 18 102. The locomotive looks as it did around 1953.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, in the boiler. 3 axles powered. Traction tires. The dual headlights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. The smoke unit contact will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. A 72270 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive. The locomotive is constructed mostly of metal such as the boiler, smoke stack, dome, cab, running boards, and tender. There is a close coupling between the locomotive and tender.
Length over the buffers 23.7 cm / 9-5/16".
- Smoke unit contact included.
- Multi-protocol digital decoder.
- Locomotive is constructed mostly of metal such as the boiler, smoke stack, dome, cab, running boards, and tender.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 37119.
- Era III
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Dual headlights front and rear with light changeover in one direction of travel
- Metal locomotive frame and body
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.