Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 23.0 passenger steam locomotive. Road number 23 003. The locomotive looks as it did around 1963/64.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion. 3 axles powered. Traction tires. The triple headlights change over with the direction of travel. The headlights and the smoke generator that can be installed in the locomotive will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The headlights are maintenance-free, warm white LEDs. A 7226 smoke generator can be installed in the locomotive. The locomotive and tender are constructed mostly of metal. There is a close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and the tender. The front of the locomotive and the back of the tender have a close coupler with a guide mechanism and an NEM coupler pocket. Minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Brake hoses and piston rod protection sleeves are included. Length over the buffers 24.5 cm / 9-5/8".
- Improved spacing between locomotive and tender.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 39236.
- Era III
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Triple headlights in the front, off with the locomotive moving in reverse
- Metal locomotive frame and boiler
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.