Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 50 steam freight locomotive, with a type 2´2´T26 standard design box-style coal tender as it originally looked. Witte smoke deflectors, 4 boiler domes, standard design cab, shortened running boards, DB Reflex glass lamps, and inductive magnets on both sides included. Locomotive road number 50 2640. The locomotive looks as it did around 1967.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 5 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and tender are constructed mostly of metal. A 7226 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive. The triple headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke unit that can be installed in the locomotive will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The cab lighting can be controlled separately in digital operation. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. There is a close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender and it can be adjusted for curves. The rear of the tender and the front of the locomotive have close couplers with NEM pockets and guide mechanisms. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Protective piston rod sleeves and brake hoses are included. Length over the buffers 26.4 cm / 10-3/8".
This item is being produced as a one-time series
- Especially intricate metal construction.
- Partially open bar frame and many separately applied details.
- Digital decoder and a variety of operational and sound functions included.
- Cab lighting included.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 37897.
- Era III
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Triple headlights in the front, off with the locomotive moving in reverse
- Metal locomotive frame and boiler
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.