Prototype: LVA Minden class 18.5 express train steam locomotive, with a type 2´3 T38 tender from the class 45. German Federal Railroad (DB). Black/red basic paint scheme. Locomotive road number 18 505. The locomotive looks as it did around 1967.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 3 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and tender are constructed chiefly of metal. The locomotive has a factory-installed 72270 smoke unit. Triple headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the built-in smoke unit will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. In addition, the cab lighting and the firebox flickering can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free LEDs are used for the lighting. There is a close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender. The back of the tender has an NEM pocket with a close coupler and a guide mechanism. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Protective piston rod sleeves, brake hoses, and figures of an engineer and a fireman are included. Length over the buffers 26.4 cm / 10-3/8".
This item is being produced as a one-time series
- Version as class 18 505 with a type 2´3 T38 tender from the class 45.
- Especially intricate metal construction.
- Partially open bar frame and many separately applied details.
- Cab lighting and firebox flickering can also be controlled digitally.
- Factory-installed smoke unit included.
- Figures of an engineer and a fireman included.
- Digital decoder and extensive operating and sound functions included.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Marklin H0 assortment under item number 39034.
- Era III
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 9 digitally controlled functions when operated with the 60652/60653 Mobile Station. Up to 5 functions when operated with the 6021 Control Unit. Up to 16 functions when operated with the 60212/60213/60214/60215 Central Station. The functions depend on how the locomotive is equipped.
- Sound effects circuit
- Triple headlights front and rear that change over with the direction of travel
- Metal locomotive frame and boiler
- With NEM coupler pocket and mechanism for close couplers