Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 45 heavy freight steam locomotive. Version with an older design boiler and a type 2´3 T38 tender. Wagner smoke deflectors. Silver-colored boiler bands. Locomotive road number 45 022. The locomotive looks as it did around 1952.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has high-efficiency propulsion, built into the boiler. 5 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and tender are constructed mostly of metal. A 7226 smoke generator can be installed in the locomotive. The dual headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke generator that can be installed in the locomotive will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The locomotive has cab lighting and flickering in the firebox that can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. There is a close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and the tender. There is a close coupler in an NEM pocket, with a guide mechanism, on the rear of the tender. It can be controlled digitally. The locomotive has a reproduction of the internal cylinder. It also has numerous separately applied lines and grab irons. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Piston rod protection sleeves and brake hoses are included.
Length over the buffers 29.5 cm / 11-5/8".
- The most powerful German steam locomotive.
- Particularly finely detailed metal construction.
- Digital decoder and a wide variety of operating and sound functions included.
A freight car set to go with this locomotive can be found in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 46028 to make longer coal trains. Information is also included there about the wheel set exchange to DC wheel sets.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 37454.
- Era III
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Dual headlights front and rear with light changeover in one direction of travel
- Metal locomotive frame and boiler
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.