Prototype: Royal Bavarian State Railroad (K.Bay.Sts.B.) class S 2/6 steam express locomotive in a brownish violet basic paint scheme with gold boiler bands, for use on the left Rhine (Palatine) network. The locomotive looks as it did around 1910 to 1912.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion. 2 axles powered. Traction tires. The 72270 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive. The dual headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke unit that can be installed in the locomotive will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The headlight for oncoming trains and the cab lighting can be controlled in digital operation. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. The locomotive has detailed running gear with a partially open bar frame. The locomotive is modeled to show streamlined sheathing of the smoke box, smoke stack, dome, and cylinder group as well as the streamlined cab. There is a close coupling between the locomotive and tender. A close coupler with a guide mechanism and an NEM pocket is mounted on the rear of the tender. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Protective sleeves for the piston rods are included separately.
Length over the buffers 25.1 cm / 9-7/8".
- Elegant, detailed construction in a brownish violet paint scheme.
- Used on the left Rhine (Palatine) network.
- Digital decoder and a variety of operating and sound functions included decoder.
An express train passenger car set painted and lettered for the Palatine Railroad to go with this locomotive can be found in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 41354, with information about the wheel set exchange to DC wheel sets.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 37018.
- Era I
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Dual headlights front and rear with light changeover in one direction of travel
- Metal locomotive frame and body
- With NEM coupler pocket and mechanism for close couplers