Prototype: BLS Cargo class 475 multiple system electric locomotive with the advertising lettering "Die Alpinisten" or "The Alpinists". The locomotive looks as it currently does in real life.
This electric locomotive is constructed of metal and includes an mfx/DCC digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has a special motor, centrally mounted. 4 axles powered by means of cardan shafts. Traction tires. Triple headlights and two red marker lights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The headlights at Locomotive End 2 and 1 can be turned off separately in digital operation. When the headlights at both ends are turned off, then the "Double 'A' Light" function is on at both ends. Warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. There are 4 mechanically working pantographs (no power pickup from catenary).
Length over the buffers 21.8 cm / 8-9/16".
This item is being produced as a one-time series
- Locomotive includes a variety of sound functions.
- Digital decoder included.
- Detailed, affordable beginner model with extensive features.
An AC model can be found in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 36198.
- Era VI
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Triple headlights and two red marker lights that change over with the direction of travel.
- Triple headlights front and rear
- Metal locomotive frame and body
- With NEM coupler pocket and mechanism for close couplers