Prototype: Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) class Ce 6/8 II "Crocodile" freight locomotive. Design from the first production series in the version as a switch engine with one pantograph, brakeman's platforms, brakeman's steps, older design buffers, and oil cooler housing. Fir green basic paint scheme. Locomotive road number 14282. The locomotive looks as it did at the end of the Seventies.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. 2 controlled high-efficiency propulsion systems with flywheels, 1 motor for each powered truck. 3 axles and jackshaft powered in each powered truck. Traction tires. The locomotive frame is articulated to enable the locomotive to negotiate sharp curves. The triple headlights are built into the brakeman's platforms with a closed sheet metal housing. The triple headlights and 1 white marker light (Swiss headlight / marker light code) change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. When the locomotive is running "light" the lighting can be changed to 1 red marker light. The headlights at Locomotive Ends 2 and 1 can be turned off separately in digital operation. When the headlights are off at both ends, the double "A" lights are on at both ends. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. The pantograph can be raised and lowered as a separate digital function. There is a Telex coupler at each end of the locomotive and each coupler can be controlled separately in digital operation. The locomotive has highly detailed metal construction with many separately applied details. The oil cooler housing is located between the two groups of driving wheels. The locomotive body comes in 3 parts with hoods that swing out separately. The roof equipment is detailed with safety grills beneath the pantographs. A figure of a brakeman for the brakeman's platform is included.
Length over the buffers 22.3 cm / 8-3/4".
This item is being produced as a one-time series
- Prototypical tooling changes as a switching Crocodile.
- Locomotive powered with 2 high-efficiency propulsion systems, each with a flywheel.
- Pantograph that can be raised and lowered in digital operation.
- Telex coupler at each end of the locomotive, each coupler can be controlled separately in digital operation.
- New oil cooler housing.
- Figure of a brakeman included.
- Digital decoder with extensive operation and sound functions included.
A freight car set to go with this locomotive is also being offered exclusively for Trix Club members under item number 23567.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 39567 exclusively for Insider members.
- One-time series
- Era IV
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Triple headlights and one white marker light that change over with the direction of travel
- Metal locomotive frame and body
- With NEM coupler pocket and mechanism for close couplers