Prototype: German Railroad, Inc. (DB AG) class 146.5 electric locomotive for long-distance service. Dual system locomotive from the TRAXX family of locomotives (P 160 AC2). Light gray long-distance paint scheme with "Traffic Red" striping, in the current IC design. Locomotive for the train routing: IC 2035 from Norddeich to Leipzig Hbf. Road number 146 575-6. The locomotive looks as it did starting in 2015.
The locomotive has a digital decoder with extensive sound functions. Different station announcements alternate with the direction of travel. A greeting for passengers just boarded and train announcements for the next stop also alternate with the direction of travel. The locomotive has controlled, high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, centrally mounted. 4 axles powered through cardan shafts. Traction tires. The triple headlights and dual red marker lights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The headlights at Locomotive End 2 and 1 can be turned off separately in digital operation. When the headlights are off at both ends of the locomotive, then the double "A" light function is on at both ends. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting.
Length over the buffers 21.7 cm / 8-1/2".
- Ideal locomotive for the new IC2 bi-level cars to form correct 6-part trains.
- Digital decoder and extensive operation and sound functions included.
- Multiple train announcements for the next stop of the IC 2035 and IC 2036 when changing the direction of travel included.
The IC2 bi-level cars to go with this locomotive can also be found as new tooling in the Trix H0 assortment under item numbers 23248, 23249, 23250, 23251, and 23252 to form a prototypical 6-part train.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 37447.
- Era VI
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Triple headlights and two red marker lights that change over with the direction of travel.
- Metal locomotive frame
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.