Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class E 44 electric locomotive. "Bottle Green" paint scheme. Road number E 44 088. The locomotive looks as it did in 1959.
The locomotive has a digital decoder with extensive sound functions. It also has controlled, high-efficiency propulsion. 4 axles powered through cardan shafts. Traction tires. The triple headlights and dual red marker lights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The headlights at Locomotive End 2 and 1 can be turned off separately in digital operation. When the headlights are off at both ends of the locomotive, then the double "A" light function is on at both ends. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. The locomotive has a servomechanism to raise and lower each pantograph in digital operation.
Length over the buffers approximately 17.5 cm / 6-7/8".
- Servomechanism to raise and lower pantographs in digital operation included.
- DCC/mfx digital decoder included.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 37444.
- Era III
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Triple headlights and two red marker lights that change over with the direction of travel.
- Metal locomotive frame and body
- With NEM coupler pocket and mechanism for close couplers