Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 103.1 electric locomotive. Version with "short" cabs, double-arm pantographs, end skirting, and buffer cladding. Paint scheme in crimson/beige. Road number 103 167-3. Based at Munich Main Station. The locomotive looks as it did starting the end of August 1971 to May 1974.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has 5-pole controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, centrally mounted. Two axles in each truck powered through cardan shafts. Traction tires. The triple headlights and dual red marker lights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The headlights at Locomotive End 2 and 1 can be turned off separately in digital operation. The cab lighting changes over with the direction of travel and can be controlled digitally. The engine room lighting can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. The double-arm pantographs can be controlled digitally. The locomotive has separately applied windshield wipers. It also has separately applied metal grab irons and roof conductors. Closed skirting, brake lines, plugs, and prototype couplers that can be mounted on the locomotive are included.
Length over the buffers approximately 22.4 cm / 8-13/16".
- Partially new tooling.
- Locomotive frame and body constructed of metal.
- Multi-protocol decoder.
- Extensive light and sound functions.
- Pantographs can be controlled digitally.
- Cab lighting.
- Engine room lighting.
Passenger cars to go with this locomotive can be found in the Märklin H0 assortment under item numbers 43845, 43862, 43863, 43864, and 43894.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 39150.
- Era IV
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Triple headlights and two red marker lights that change over with the direction of travel.
- Built-in LED interior lighting
- Metal locomotive frame and body
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.