Prototype: Rheingold train set consisting of a class 18.5 steam express locomotive with a type 2´2´T31,7 tender in the black/red basic paint scheme for use as a Rheingold locomotive, 1 type SB4ük-28 parlor car, 2nd class with a galley, 1 type SA4ü-28 parlor car, 1st class without a galley, 1 type SA4ük-28 parlor car, 1st class with a galley, 1 type SB4ü-28 parlor car, 2nd class without a galley, 1 type SPw4ü-28 baggage car. Train route Hook of Holland - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Mannheim - Basle SBB and Amsterdam - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Mannheim - Zürich. German State Railroad Company (DRG). Locomotive road number 18 527. The train looks as it did around 1931.
The steam locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 3 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive has a factory-installed smoke unit. The dual headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the built-in smoke unit will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The cab lighting and the flickering light in the firebox can also be controlled in digital operation. There is a close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender. The tender also has a close coupler with a guide mechanism and an NEM pocket. The baggage car has a digital decoder to control the light and sound functions. It also has factory-installed red LED marker lights. All of the passenger cars have the lettering "Rheingold" in relief. All of the cars have factory-installed interior lighting, and the passenger cars include lighted table lamps. There are operating current-conducting couplers between the cars. The interior lighting and the table lamps can be controlled jointly in digital operation and will work in conventional operation. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. Figures of an engineer and fireman are included for the steam locomotive. A consecutively numbered certificate of authenticity is included with the train set. Total length over the buffers approximately 157 cm / 61-13/16".
- Digital decoder with a variety of operation and sound functions, mounted in the locomotive.
- Additional digital decoder for light and sound functions, mounted in the baggage car.
- Locomotive includes cab lighting and flickering light in the firebox.
- Cars include factory-installed interior lighting.
- Operating current-conducting couplers between the cars.
- For the anniversary "90 Years of the 1928 Rheingold", limited worldwide to 699 train sets.
- Consecutively numbered certificate of authenticity included.
This train set can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 26928.
- Era II
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Dual headlights front and rear with light changeover in one direction of travel
- Dual red marker lights
- Built-in LED interior lighting
- Metal locomotive frame and boiler
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.