Prototype: 5 different express train passenger cars of different types painted and lettered for the Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits et des Grands Express Européens (CIWL) / International Sleeping Car Company, for the Simplon Orient Express. Included are 2 four-axle baggage cars, 1 six-axle dining car, 2 four-axle sleeping cars, each in a steel blue paint scheme. The cars look as they did at the beginning of the Thirties.
The models are finely constructed with many separately applied details. The interiors are done in different colors. The cars have different car numbers. One baggage car has a factory-installed digital decoder, for controlling light and sound functions as well as red marker lights. Retracted diaphragms with walkover plates folded up are included for end cars in the set. Only a close coupler in a standard coupler pocket is installed at each of these ends of the end cars. The doors on the baggage cars can be opened. All of the cars have factory-installed LED interior lighting and factory-installed current-conducting close couplers that can be uncoupled. Table lamps in the dining car are lighted and together with the interior lighting and the red marker lights will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The current-conducting close couplers can be replaced by current-conducting fixed drawbars included in the set. There are electrical pickups for current pickup on a baggage car. Total length over the buffers 117.5 cm / 46-1/4".
- Anniversary of 100 Years of the Simplon Orient Express 1919-2019.
- Digital decoder for light and sound functions included in one baggage car.
- Red marker lights also included on this baggage car, digitally controlled.
- Factory-installed LED interior lighting, digitally controlled.
- Current-conducting couplers between the individual cars.
This express train passenger car set can be lengthened with the 23220 express train passenger car set. The express train steam locomotive to go with these cars can be found in the Trix H0 assortment under item number 22913.
Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits et des Grands Express Européens (CIWL) is a registered trademark of Wagons-Lits Diffusion (WLD), Paris, France. All rights reserved regarding reproduction. © Wagons-Lits Diffusion - France. This car set can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 42790.
- Era II
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Dual red marker lights
- Built-in LED interior lighting
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.
Note: Sold only with 23220.