Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) combustion powered rail car (VT), road number 798 668-0, "Railroading Experienced". Dual motor design, built starting in 1955. Used for "150 Years of German Railroading" in 1985.
The car has a frame constructed of die-cast metal. The motor has a flywheel. Both axles powered. The car has a DCC digital decoder, suitable for conventional operation. Maintenance-free LEDs are used for the headlights, marker lights, and interior lighting. They work in conventional operation and they can be controlled digitally. Reproduction non-working prototype couplers for installation on the ends of the car are included. Length over the buffers 87 mm / 3-7/16".
- Open view through the cars.
- Continuous lighting with LEDs.
- Era IV
- DCC decoder
- Triple headlights and two red marker lights that change over with the direction of travel.
- Lighting with warm white LED’s
- Built-in interior lighting
- Metal locomotive frame