The Bavarian GTL 4/4, which was built as a 98.8-9 class until 1928, was used as a foundation. The boiler and engine were adopted largely unchanged, but the running gear was extended into a trailing axle. This allowed the accommodation of larger stocks than with the old GTL 4/4 and a higher top speed by 5 km/h. Overall, 45 locomotives from the 98.10 class were manufactured from 1929 to 1933. Krauss in Munich was the supplier of all locomotives. The most striking was that there was a feed water purifier built into the first 33 locomotives, but it proved a failure and was later removed.
- New: equipped with an energy storage (only operates when digital)
- Sprung Buffers
- Coupler Pockets with Close Coupling Mechanism
- Mainly Metal Contruction
- 360mm Min. Radius
- Motor with Flywheel
- Double White Directional Headlights