- Boiler, chassis, water tanks in die-cast zinc
- Extra mounted metal handrails
- Finest paintwork and printing
- Finest metal spoked wheels
- Smoke generator and sound decoder, either built in or as a retrofit option
- True-to epoch lighting, multipart lamp housing
- Filigree reversing gear
All 45 98.10 locomotives were recovered after 1945 by the Deutsche Bundesbahn, and continued to be used exclusively in their native Bavaria. Though the locomotives were initially indispensable, they were put out to pasture after the advent of the "Roter Brummer" rail bus, especially those used in passenger train service. Many of the locomotives were still used after this time, in freight service especially. DB did not make any more major changes or improvements; in the late 50s, they added a third headlight. If the coal bin or the water tanks had to be replaced due to corrosion, the new parts frequently arose from welding technology. In 1950 the locomotives were distributed to the three directorates of Munich, Augsburg and Regensburg. The great majority of the locomotives were headquartered at ED (railway district management) Regensburg, which took in 28 units as their own. There was also 98 1041, which served the Schwandorf depot. In 1953 it joined five other 98.10 locomotives in the Straubing depot, from which they mainly ran freight trains to Cham and Neufahrn. The performance logs of a sister locomotive from this period report daily mileages between 55 km and 159 km. 13 tons of coal were consumed for every 1000 km. The 98 1041 was decommissioned in 1961 and sold for scrap. Few sister locomotives were older. The last one was 98 1005 of the Schwandorf depot, which was decommissioned in 1966. Unfortunately, none of the modern Bavarian Vizinalbahn locomotives exist today.