In 1890, the Royal Württemberg State Railway Company purchased several coaches that were based on entirely novel design principles. The coaches had rounded windows and roofs, as well as gently curved roof ends. In 1890, the three-axle coaches were joined by 16 second-class coaches from a company in Nuremberg, which later became MAN. The coaches were fitted ex-works with Westinghouse brakes, steam heating and gas lamps. Although the coaches proved to be a worthwhile investment, no further coaches of this model were ordered.