DISCONTINUED PRODUCT This product is discontinued and no longer available from the manufacturer. We have qty 1 available in stock in our store.
ON SALE! Most sale items are IN STOCK and ready to ship at the time they are added to your shopping cart (manufacturer/distributor clearance sale items being the exception). No backorders are accepted on sale items unless otherwise specified.
The new cars had to include a first class section, which did not exist in DR local trains; this led to the creation of a B and an AB car. Almost simultaneously with these modifications, it was announced that DB, together with PFA Weiden, had issued a new blueprint for the interior design from their Design Center (DC). This too led the DR to create a model car. The most prominent difference was the use of new individual seats, which made the cars more comfortable for passengers. As a result, Potsdam, Neustrelitz and Weiden acquired a total of 270 new 1st/2nd class cars of type Aby (z) 407. Since the DR was still using DOK numbers, the Aby 407 was initially designated DOK 2231.
- Precise replica of the bogies
- In-plane assembled windows
- True-to epoch interior fittings
- Prepared for interior lighting
- Printed window frames
- Elastic rubber bulge
- NEM-standard short coupling
- Replica of the air heating system in the car floor
- Alternator on bogie separately mounted
- Finest paintwork and printing
- Free-standing handrails
- Applied steps in low material thickness
- Free-standing anti-roll support on the pivot mounting
- Interior fittings in multi-color painting
- Coloring in accordance with TGL, corresponding to the original
- Exact replica of the 'Gorlitz V' pivot mountings
- Coupler Pockets with Close Coupling Mechanism
- Detailed Interior