With the introduction of the EW IV standard coaches, the EW I and II standard coaches partly migrated to the regional traffic. Apart from this, they continue to run in inter-regional trains and express trains, in the latter mainly as supplementary coaches during peak traffic times. During the R4 complete overhauls carried out from August 1985 onwards, the coaches were fundamentally modernised internally. Instead of the simulated woodwork, the walls received plastic claddings carrying a tile imitation. The seat cushions were equipped with new fabric covers. Instead of the axle-driven generator, the vehicles were provided with battery chargers. In order to create a visual contrast to the coaches not yet modified and to highlight the modernisation ly, they were painted with a coach-wide turquoise â€žcomfort stripâ€œ.
- Excellent running qualities with 3-point-suspension
- Interior lacquering in multiple colors
- Equipped for interior lighting
- Short coupling cinematic in accordance with NEM
- Coupler Pockets with Close Coupling Mechanism
- Detailed Interior